Terms & Conditions
General Camp Site:
- Please respect our neighbours when entering and leaving the site, try to minimise any disturbance and noise.
- We ask that you respect our night time quiet policy between the hours of 22:00 to 07:00.
- Please ensure that you pitch camping equipment on the correct allocated camping pitch (see map below for reference). Pitch allocation will be issued at time of booking.
- No camping equipment is to be erected on restricted areas designated for parking and activities.
- Cutting or lopping of trees/hedges is not permitted for firewood or pioneering.
- Digging of pits or trenches is not permitted on site.
- No animals or pets to be brought onto site. (Except Guide dogs)
- No washing of bodies or cooking equipment should take place at the water taps or inside the toilet disposal shed.
- Chemical toilets may only be emptied in the disposal shed with adult supervision.
- Entrance gates are to be closed but not locked at dusk of each day.
- All rubbish is to be placed in the blue bin at the entrance of the site. Please note that any bulky items such as broken tents or camping equipment are to be removed from site and disposed of by the user.
- Parties consisting of all under 18 year olds are not permitted to use the site, unless part of the scouting movement.
- Stag and Hen Parties are not permitted
- Please leave the site in a clean and tidy condition.
- This is a No Smoking site.
- Any first aid incidents or accidents are to be reported to the Duty Warden immediately and the site accident book filled in with all the relevant details.
Vehicle Access to camp site:
- A speed limit of 5 m.p.h. is imposed on all vehicles when moving around the site.
- All vehicles are restricted to designated road ways and parking areas, unless prior permission has been sought from the Duty Warden to take vehicles on to other areas of the camp site.
- All vehicles to be in parking areas by dusk, and before the arrival of young people.
- No caravans or camper vans in camping areas without prior arrangement
Use of Site Hall, Facilities and Activities:
- When using the main hall, all security grills on the fire exit doors must be opened.
- Please ensure toilet facilities are used between adults and young people in line with safeguarding procedures.
- No facilities or activity equipment are to be used without prior booking.
- A responsible adult is to conduct a risk assessment of any activity/equipment before allowing the equipment or activity to be used. Please report any issues to the Duty Warden.
- All hired activity equipment (Go-Karts, pioneering poles, sumo suits, etc.) are to be returned to the correct storage location and stored in a safe and secure manner. Any breakages or faults are to be reported to the Duty Warden.
- At the end of the hire period all food is to be removed from fridges and freezers, and the main hall, all toilets, and the kitchen area are to be cleaned and left in a satisfactory state. This includes mopping the floors, cleaning out the fridge, and removing all rubbish.
- When you leave please be sure to turn off all lights and heaters / appliances, lock all windows, doors and security grills, and the building alarm is to be set (the code for the alarm will be supplied at the start of your hire).
- All gates and barriers are to be closed and locked at the end of the hire period. However, if other users are on site please ensure that they know it is their responsibility to carry this out before leaving.
- Any borrowed keys for the site are to be returned in a prompt manner to the original lender on the same day of leaving site. Note: if your hire session finishes after 20:00 then it is acceptable to return keys the following day.
- If any keys are lost please inform the Duty Warden. This may result in a financial penalty for the replacement of keys and locks.
- If you discover any issues or any faults with equipment/ facilities, please inform the Duty Warden.
- No ground fires are permitted on site. Altar Fires are supplied and must be used. This includes disposable BBQ's.
- Before leaving site, all live fires must be completely extinguished to reduce the risk of fire spreading.
Thank you for taking the time to read the site rules. We are proud of our activity centre and hope that by everyone following the rules, this will ensure a safe and fun filled visit.
Bexon Lane Campsite Trustees